Table of Contents
The turquoise card grants prestigious and respected world citizens who work in investing, science, technology, culture, art, sports, production, and related industries the right to work and live permanently in Turkey.
Turkey’s Turquoise Card is not available to all foreigners in Turkey; however, certain individuals can receive it, including;
• Foreigners who are regarded as highly qualified workforce due to their degree of education, income, professional expertise and experience, contribution to science and technology, and other criteria.
• Foreigners who are regarded as highly qualified investors due to their degree of investment or export, the number of jobs to be created, their contribution to scientific and technological advancements, and other criteria.
• Scientists or researchers who have contributed to the advancement of science and technology or who carry out international research and studies in the country’s best interests in the disciplines of science, business, and technology.
• Foreigners who have succeeded in worldwide cultural, artistic, and sporting activities.
• Foreigners who have participated in the international recognition and promotion of Türkiye or Turkish culture as well as those who work internationally on matters concerning Türkiye’s national interests.
Those who engage in the following prohibited actions cannot be one of the Turquoise cardholders:
• Individuals who are subject to entry and exit restrictions in the country
• Individuals with diseases that pose a hazard to the public’s health
• Foreign nationals who pose a threat to public order and security
Our Tekce Visa experts offer complete information regarding your eligibility for the program.
The application may be submitted directly in Turkey or through one of Turkey’s legal representative offices abroad. The Turkish Ministry receives all your documents electronically. You will be guided through this application procedure by Tekce Visa professionals, including gathering the necessary paperwork.
The scoring system is the key factor to keep in mind here. The applications are evaluated using a scoring system developed in accordance with the standards specified by the General Directorate of International Labor Force. They must get enough points in a specified evaluation scheme. Based on the applicant’s professional qualifications, officials may also get comments from faculty members, institutions, and organizations related to the industry or area of expertise for evaluating the application.
If the applicant is a qualified workforce:
If the foreign applicant is a qualified investor:
If the applicant is a scientist or researcher:
If the applicant is an athlete:
Contribution to the recognition and promotion of Turkey or Turkish culture
Foreigners who contribute to raising awareness of Turkey or promoting Turkish culture, tourism, or cuisine are evaluated on their promotional efforts, which take into account things such as duration, sustainability, continuity, influence, ideas, artistic works, and global activities.
On a regional, provincial, sectoral, or occupational basis, the General Directorate may change scoring systems or establish alternative scoring systems.
To prevent any problems during the card application procedure, you are expected to obtain the necessary documentation, which is as follows:
• Application form
• A conformity certificate from the relevant public institution to show eligibility
The following documents should also be submitted, depending on the application type;
• A foreign diploma, employment contract, resume or assignment letter, professional experience, and an internationally recognized document demonstrating language fluency in addition to the mother tongue.
• Documents related to the investor’s volume of investments, employment status, export volume and credit, financial capabilities, cash account balance, financial solvency, business region, sector, and other business-related documents should be presented.• Scientists and researchers are required to present diplomas, documentation related to their academic careers and titles, studies, licenses, trademarks, and patented goods.
• Applicants in the arts, athletics, or other cultural activities are required to show their achievements at the national or international level.
• Foreigners who contributed to the international recognition or promotion of Turkey or Turkish culture can provide documentation of their work as Turquoise volunteers as well as details on the duration, sustainability, continuity, and scope of their influence.
First of all, a Turquoise Card gives you the right to live and work in Turkey indefinitely. Along with that:
On the other hand, you have no right to vote, be elected, or serve in public office with the card, but applicants and their family members receive a higher priority in obtaining Turkish citizenship. More specifically, no further legal requirements or paperwork are required.
Here’s what you need to know about the card:
The card will be canceled if you do not travel to Turkey within six months of approval or stays abroad for more than a period of two years without demonstrating a case of force majeure.
The other reasons are:
The applicant can also request the cancellation of the card, in which case the card loses its validity.
Contact Tekce Visa’s professionals by email, phone, or in-person visit if you want to apply for the Turquoise card to buy a property in Turkey. We guide you through the whole process and assist you in collecting your documents.